Functional medicine is the evolution of the medicine practice, which addresses completely with the health needs of the XXI century. By changing the traditional approach to the practice of medicine focused on the disease, it just focused on the patient. Functional Medicine Denver addresses the whole person, not just a group of isolated symptoms. The practitioners of functional medicine spend time with patients, listening to their stories and finding the connection between genetic, environmental and lifestyle can influence long-term health and complex problems of chronic disease factors. Thus, functional medicine supports the unique term of health and energy of each individual.
How is it different from other medicines?
Functional medicine used to find out the origins, prevention and treatment of complex and chronic diseases also functional disorders. Functional medicine method includes:
- Focuses on patient care, promoting health as a positive energy. By listening to the patient and knowing his/her history, the practitioner guides the patient through the discovery process and design treatments that address the particular needs of the affected person.
- Promote overall health by focusing on the underlying causes that influence the patient’s health.
- The quality of life for example, your fitness level and exposure to toxic substances, quality of you avail and eat, water you drink, air you breathe or traumas that you have lived in. All these factors have an impact on your overall health.
- Connection between your mind and body, such as social, spiritual and psychological factors can have a serious impact on your health. In considering these areas, functional medicine expert can view your health not just your physical symptoms, but in the context of a whole person.
- Hereditary – As some genes can make you more inclined to various diseases, your DNA is not a fixed place to go for life. According to recent research, genes can be affected by everything in your beliefs, attitudes, your experiences and your environment. So, you can change the way your genes are expressed and activated.
By looking at these root causes and triggers of the dysfunction, functional medicine experts can easily understand the affected areas. Functional medicine promotes the entire body functions that help you stay alive. Some take place at the cellular level and include how cells work, maintenance and repair are made.
Make an appointment